Massage is the scientific manipulation of soft tissues of the body. Massage techniques are commonly applied with hands, fingers, elbows, forearms, or a device.
Massages can be either deep tissue or soft tissue. A deep tissue massage involves deeper pressure and it is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. While a soft tissue massage involves direct physical action on the muscle and other soft tissues of the body.
Aromatherapy massages combine soft gentle pressure with the use of essential oils.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
1. It is relaxing
2. It reduces stress
3. It can help lower blood pressure
4. It promotes muscle relaxation
5. It can help improve circulation
6. It can help improve posture
7. It can help strengthen the body’s immune system.